A Few of My Foodie Favourites

Lunch with a view! The Hidden Hut in Cornwall
The Hidden Hut

Things are slowly beginning to open up in Cornwall, restaurants and well loved pubs are cautiously opening doors in new social-distanced responsible ways. I think that is what we need to do now, support our local businesses but with good sense in mind.

Saltbox Wadebridge is open
Woody's Pizza

I thought I would share with you some of my favourite foodie places that are opening their doors and welcoming us in. Woody's Pizza in Wadebridge have been operating a delivery service only for lockdown, but now are back at Saltbox in Wadebridge operating in the new normal, with bookings taken for eating in. On the same site is the delicious Laid Back Coffee offering breakfast and brunch, best place to check for their up to date opening times and menu is Facebook.

Down on the South Coast is one of my favourite pubs, The Rashleigh Inn on Polkerris beach, opening their doors, like others, this Saturday just gone. All seemed to go well thankfully. Next door is Sam's on the Beach, I enjoyed a delicious takeaway pizza from here in lockdown! There are a number of Sam's dotted around Cornwall, and one by one their doors are opening.

Breakfast at Laid Back Coffee in Wadebridge
Laid Back Coffee Menu

The big names on the North coast like Stein's restaurants in Padstow are opening with safety measures in place which is great to hear. Over towards Indian Queens if fish and chips are your thing then Port and Starboard are now able to open their restaurant as well as providing takeaway, brought to your car!

It is also really encouraging to see new business bravely opening in these current times, over in Lostwithiel a new Indian restaurant has open, Moonlight Tandoori.

It's exciting to see old favourites opening their doors, especially The Hidden Hut (I've really missed it!), when I think about what I love in Cornwall, food plays a major role. I am looking forward to visiting old favourites, in new normal ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rick Stein's Big Fish Supper

Mark Preston at the Lighthouse Gallery

Marazion